The entire nation will be eternally grateful to India’s Iron man, first Deputy Prime Minister Bharat Ratna Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who shaped imperialism into today’s undivided India with his unflinching determination. To pay tribute to this India’s son, the world’s highest Statue of Unity with a height of 182 metres has been erected. Take a thrilling journey to the world’s highest statue, the Statue of Unity, which sits against the breath-taking Satpura and Vindhyachal hills in Kevadiya, Gujarat.
Aside from admiring the Statue of Unity, there are several unique, hospitable, and entertaining attractions. To make the most of all of these attractions and to witness the world’s tallest statue, here’s how to plan a trip to the Statue of Unity.
This magnificent statue is located near the pretty village of Kevadiya in Gujarat.
- The nearest known city to the Statue of Unity is Vadodara, approximately 90km away connected via road.
- Other major cities like Surat (150 km) and Ahmedabad (200 km) are also well connected via road to the Statue of Unity.
Best time to visit:
While the Statue of Unity monument, museum, and observation gallery take around 1 to 3 hours to visit. There are many nearby attractions near the Statue of Unity which would take either 2-3 days or a plan in advance for the few places you would like to cover in one day.
Although the Statue of Unity is accessible all year, the ideal time to visit is in the colder months of October to February to avoid the scorching heat.
Ticket price and timings:
Choose the right ticket for you-
- The Statue of Unity is accessible for tourists from Tuesday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. It is close on Monday for maintenance.
|Ticket||Basic entry ticket||Viewing Gallery Ticket||Express Entry Ticket||Foreigner Express Entry Ticket|
|Price(INR)||₹ 150 for adults and ₹ 90 for children aged 3 to 15.||₹380 for Adults and ₹230 for Children.||₹1030 for both Adults and Children||₹1530 for Adults and ₹830 for Children|
||•Includes all the ‘Basic Entry Ticket’ benefits + access to the Statue of Unity Viewing Gallery||•Includes all the benefits of ‘Basic and Viewing Gallery ticket’ + access to priority elevator access to go up to the Viewing Gallery||•All of the perks of the ‘Express Entry Ticket’ are included.|
|* Benefits||* Includes all the basic access to all the major attractions||* The View from the Gallery provides a 360-degree view of the Sardar Sarovar Dam, as well as the magnificent Vindhya and Satpura mountain ranges on both sides.||* To avoid a queue for hours on crowded days which can be stretch for hours||* Only for international tourists|
Food & Stay:
* Outside food and beverages are not permitted within the Statue of Unity memorial complex.
After a memorable visit to the Statue of Unity, you may conveniently locate food counters to get a bite to eat or a snack. There are several meal alternatives (including a Jain option) where you may sit back and relax while eating mouth-watering cuisine.
Depending on your budget and where you wish to stay, you may choose from alternatives.
The Narmada Tent City: Located right beneath the silhouette of the Statue of Unity, the Narmada Tent City is a beautiful resort comprised of tents that are beautifully designed to provide its visitors with a near to nature experience as well as a luxury stay.
Visitors to the Narmada tent city will find a variety of amenities such as:
- And luxury tented lodging
A 5-star hotel operates this restaurant, which serves a variety of cuisines. Other attractions include selfie stations, shop and cultural program sections, and communal areas.
Make your holiday plans today and make a reservation in Narmada tent city.
Things to remember while planning a trip to the Statue of Unity:
- Buy your tickets online from soutickets.in and bring a hard copy with you to the Statue of Unity.
- Don’t carry any food with you. Enjoy freshly served cuisine of your choice near the Statue of Unity.
- Wear comfy clothing and shoes so you can enjoy your day without worrying about your outfit.
- Don’t forget to visit the local sites and relive the moments you recorded on camera.
- Get away from the city and see the world’s highest structure, then book a stay in one of the valley’s lovely tents.